The weekend of October 17, Schweitzer Fellows for Life (FFL) from all across the country (and the world) will gather for the 3rd Annual FFL Conference – a unique gathering offering renewal and inspiration to professionals who are committed to serving populations in need.
Dr. Jack Geiger (leading expert-slash-activist for health, poverty, and human rights issues) and Paul Schmitz (CEO and President of Public Allies) will keynote, and we’ve just announced the breakout sessions on our Conference Schedule page. Here’s a rundown of the session topics:
- Sustaining a Commitment to Global Health
- Reflections on Service, Meaning & Connection
- Cross-cultural Medicine: Growth through Service
- Policy Narrative–Sharing Stories to Effect Change
- The Role of Integrative Medicine for the Underserved
- Issues Facing Underserved Youth
- Health in Post-Katrina New Orleans
- Service-Learning, Community Partnerships, and Scholarship on the South Side of Chicago: A New Alternative to Research at the University of Chicago Pritzker School of Medicine
- Pay for Performance: Improving Health Care Outcomes or A Temporary Band-Aid?
- Diabetes Health and Wellness: Changing lives, Changing Minds
- From Silos to Integration: A Story of Ongoing Change